Thursday, June 17, 2010

My motherhood game plan

If a coach wants to win state or nationals, what does he do? He has a game plan! He knows his team members well, he knows the plays that are successful and he teaches and trains his team.

I am a mother and I want to be successful. I want to win state. I want to win the nationals. I want to raise children who will be a strength to their community, family and to their Heavenly Father.

There is a primary song that starts off, "I am a builder, working each day to build my family, and I will do the best that I can to serve them lovingly." I am a builder and I am building my eternal family. I have to set goals and work on achieving those goals.

Goals - 1. To help my family to be together forever.
2. Help my family to be self-sufficient.
3. Teach family to love to serve and work hard.
4. Help my children to be well-rounded.
5. Work on keeping an orderly home.
6. Work on knowing each of my family members likes and dislikes

List is still a work in progress.

How will I achieve these goals?

TO HELP MY FAMILY TO BE TOGETHER FOREVER
- Church attendance
- Read from scriptures daily
- Say family and personal prayers daily
- Family Home Evening every Monday night.
- Keep myself worthy to attend the temple.
- Temple attendance
- Being an example.
- Visiting teaching
- Fulfilling my callings

HELP MY FAMILY TO BE SELF-SUFFICIENT
- Continue my education
- Teach my children the importance of education
- Teach my children the importance of hard work
- Helping to provide if the need arises

TEACH FAMILY TO LOVE TO SERVE AND WORK HARD
- Example, example, example!
- Give experiences that will help them to serve others
- Chores and opportunities to earn money

HELP MY CHILDREN TO BE WELL-ROUNDED
- Give opportunities to experience new and different things
- academic/reading
- sports/athletics
- music/arts
- cooking/cleaning
- building/construction

WORK ON KEEPING AN ORDERLY HOME
- Spend enough time each day to keep up with household chores
- Teach and train children to do their part
- Organize and keep free of clutter and non-essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment