Thursday, June 17, 2010

Time for me!



As much as we would all like to feel like Super woman, there comes a time when you have to stop and have me time. Refueling is what I like to think of it as. A mothers job never ends. Life is go, go, go. From the time you wake up and feed everyone breakfast until the time you drop to your knees at night asking and pleading that your children stay asleep all night, so that you may get your rest. We as women need a break. These types of refueling can come in many different forms. Mine are as follows:
- window shopping
- exercising
- hiking/any outdoor activities
- Relief Society lessons and activities without babies
- Manicure/pedicure/message treatments
- scrapbooking and crafts
- blogging
- movies/TV
- visiting teaching without children
- date night

These are just a few things that I like to do when I can get away for an evening. I spend about 2 hours per day going to the gym and my children can stay in the child watch, so that is provided to me without burdening anyone or paying for babysitters. Steve also gives me a night out each week to help me refuel, so that I can be a more effective mom. You just can't really include vacations in your refueling time unless they are vacations spent without your children. Sometimes vacations can be just as taxing on mom as any normal daily routine, if not more taxing.

I will add some insight to date night because time spent with your spouse and without the children is a necessity. It is extremely important for you and your spouse to rekindle over and over the love that you have for one another. Even if you can't afford a babysitter, just put the kids to bed early and cuddle up with a good movie. We like to break out the games every once in a while, too. This is important for several reasons but just remember...Who will you be spending eternity with? Make sure that you are spending the quality time needed to be with your spouse and learning to love doing things together.

No comments:

Post a Comment